Course element visibility with access restrictions

Course element visibility with access restrictions

by Renate Wesselingh -
Number of replies: 0

I use access restrictions to guide my students through the different assignments. The visibility of later activities depends on completion of earlier ones, such as forming a group and posting a discussion on a forum. In order to see what they see without having to switch roles, I also participated in their activities. But although I did form a group and posted a discussion, I still get to see "Not available unless: You belong to any group" or "Not available unless: The activity xxxx [posting in a forum] is marked complete" for these later activities, of which the header and description are greyed out.

Of course I can still access them, but it is only when I switch to the Student role that I no longer see "Not available unless" and the later activities are not greyed out. The progress bar tracks the same activities, and there it is marked that I posted in the required forum, regardless of whether I use the Teacher of Student role.

It would be nice if the visibility of the course elements would reflect the completion of previous activities even in Teacher mode.

Average of ratings: -