Indication of which content page in lesson

Indication of which content page in lesson

از Derek Chirnside در
Number of replies: 3

You may have guessed I'm having another look at the lesson module.  This will probably be my last post for the day.

I've got content pages listed as I want them in the menu, but when I have a contents page leading off one of the menu listed content pages, there is no indication of where you are in the scheme of things.

Below, there is no indication this page What is CIMS? is in the "Introduction and History" part of the menu.

Have I missed the point?

-Derek

میانگین امتیازات: -
In reply to Derek Chirnside

Re: Indication of which content page in lesson

از Ravi Murugesan در
تصویر Particularly helpful Moodlers تصویر Testers

Hi Derek - What do you mean by "content page leading off one of the menu-listed content pages?" When I add a content page anywhere within a Lesson it simply becomes part of the top-level structure and not a sub-page, and it shows up in the menu. But question pages don't show up in the menu -- that's by design. I use Moodle 2.6.

In reply to Ravi Murugesan

از Derek Chirnside در

Sorry Ravi, this was unclear.

Is this clearer: I have a menu: if I click on a page in it, there is no indication on the menu (like being bolded) which page I am on.

By the way Ravi, have you got any complex lesson examples that show what it is really possible with this module?

-Derek

In reply to Derek Chirnside

از Ravi Murugesan در
تصویر Particularly helpful Moodlers تصویر Testers

Hi Derek - this is how the lesson menu looks for me:

lesson menu

When the page called "terminology" is displayed on the right, its entry in the lesson menu appears in normal font, not as a link. I use the Clean theme by the way. Maybe you need to check your theme if you use a custom one?

I've used lessons in some of the courses I've developed, but these have been somewhat simple lessons with a straightforward flow (no clusters). I've however used questions within lessons and experimented with different flow settings. For example, for a relatively complex question I show the answer on the next page if the student gets it wrong, and for a simpler question the student is asked to try the question again (and is given a certain number of attempts to do this).

To be honest I find the various settings at the Lesson level and the jump settings at the Lesson-page level a bit confusing at times, and my feeling is this is a tool that one needs to keep using to gain some mastery. When I'm away from Lesson building for a while I tend to forget how the different settings work together. I don't have a sample lesson to show at this point, unfortunately.