40 issues have been succesfully integrated and 3 rejected - 93% success!.
- Do you use web services? Now would be a great time to test your integration against Moodle 3.1dev (master). The XMLRPC and SOAP protocols have been changed internally and would benefit from wider community testing for compatibility. The AMF protocol has been removed. (see MDL-52208 MDL-52209 MDL-52210)
- Interested in Moodle platform requirements? Discussion for raising the system requirements for Moodle 3.2 is now open. Raising the minimum version of PHP from 5.4.4 is the likely hot topic. Please comment on MDL-53019 if you want to see us change the requirements (or keep them the same). We will close the discussion for comments on 30/05/2016.
CiBot has had an upgrade! The Moodle Code checker has been upgraded from the 1.x series to phpcs to 2.5.1+ (CONTRIB-5732). This new release allows type hinting and the ability skip warnings. Though someindentation problems have been detected and the fix is ongoing in CONTRIB-6146
- Increasing unit-test platform coverage... Investigations are ongoing in doing CI testing on Microsoft platforms using Appveyor. When combined with Travis-CI this would enable developer branches to be pre-checked against all DB engines but Oracle. See MDL-53136 for details.
- Did you miss yesterday's general developer meeting? The recording is now available on youtube and features Competency based education, User interface & usability and Mobile and integration. See
- MDL-28030 - Add config.php settings to allow plugins to rewrite output moodle_urls (eg clean / semantic urls)
- MDL-51214 - Rename the News forum to "Announcements"
- MDL-52511 - Add support for PostgreSQL 9.5
- MDL-48634 - Gradebook: Add option to rescale existing grades when changing max points
- MDL-34160 - Allow forum email subject to be customised
- MDL-52387 - LDAP support for Fine Grained Password Policies
- MDL-52414 - Allow Default Settings for Lesson Module Settings
- MDL-52990 - Templates to allow forum emails to be customised
- MDL-51802 - Reusable element for inline name editing
- MDL-53012 - Behat: Add step to run scheduled task
To Dani Palou, Moodle Mobile team member for hard work on our mobile app and improving our core web services, thanks!