Assignments not showing in "to be graded"

Assignments not showing in "to be graded"

by Janet Frazier -
Number of replies: 6

I am our district Moodle administrator.  I have a teacher whose students are submitting files to be graded, but they are not showing up in the "to be graded" screen.  She says it is like she has already opened them.  She has to download the whole folder with all submissions to find them.  She is very experienced with Moodle and uses it each semester, so it is not an experience problem.  Is anyone else experiencing this?  Can it be fixed?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Janet Frazier

Re: Assignments not showing in "to be graded"

by Mat Cannings -

I had a similar issue with a lecturer and realised that there are some filters that restrict the view.

After the lecturer has clicked on the "View/Grade All Submissions" link they should see the grid of Students and their submissions, I assume this is the "to be graded" screen.

At the bottom of this page are some options, one of which is Filters. It is possible to restrict the page to show only students that have submitted, only student that have not submitted and only students that require grading. I suspect that one of the filters has been enabled during a previous session and has "stuck".

See the image below for the option that may need to be changed,

In reply to Mat Cannings

by Jon Fila -

And what happens if you do this and they still do not display. I'm seeing this today for the first time with courses that have been used for over a year and now they're not working. No settings have been altered.

In reply to Jon Fila

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Something changed somewhere if something just stopped working.  Upgrade?  On server or on Moodle?  Block upgrade?  Theme change?  

In reply to Mat Cannings

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Look at the assignment settings and the assignment grade page - make sure that everything there is showing correctly.  It should all be in the To be graded status.  Make sure the teacher has not done something in the grader report to produce overridden grades.  If this is just one assignment for one teacher, then I suspect something has been done to stop it from showing.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Jon Fila -

I am the teacher and the admin. I am listed in all groups, the students are also in groups. I'll post my settings in a bit, but nothing has changed from when I taught the same course last year.

In reply to Jon Fila

by Jon Fila -

From what I can tell, it has something to do with a restriction. I have a grouping set up so that only students in that grouping can access the topic block, but even though I am a member of both groups, it didn't allow me to view submissions. When I removed the restriction on the grouping and changed it to just restrict access to all of the groups in that grouping then I was able to view them again.