Using question bank in lessons

Using question bank in lessons

by Sarra Lev -
Number of replies: 9

Hi, I'm using moodle 2.6 and wondering if I can import questions from my bank into a lesson, and if so, how?

Thanks so much,

Sarra

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sarra Lev

Re: Using question bank in lessons

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Sarra,

If I remember correctly, this is the way it works for any version of Moodle - Importing questions from the question bank is a one-time only capability that is only available when you create the lesson, but before you add any pages to it. Once you add a content page, a cluster, or question page, import questions is no longer an option.

In reply to AL Rachels

by Sarra Lev -

Hi AL

I couldn't figure out how I would do this as I create a lesson. What do I do to import?

Thanks so much for all your generous help.

Sarra

In reply to AL Rachels

by Sarra Lev -

Hi AL

I couldn't figure out how I would do this as I create a lesson. What do I do to import?

Thanks so much for all your generous help.

Sarra

In reply to Sarra Lev

by Kim Salinas -
Picture of Testers

Hi Sarra

You can go through the export process of your question category that you want to add to the lesson by looking to the Administration block > Course administration > Question bank > Export. I would recommend using the Moodle XML format if possible.

Once you have your exported file, you can then import it into the lesson activity by opening your lesson. If this is a new lesson there will be an option to import questions as a first step after your lesson is created. If it is an existing lesson, click on the Edit tab within the lesson. Next click Import questions in the area you want to add them > select your file format > drag and drop your exported file > Import. This will add the questions into the lesson. You can then move them around if desired.

In reply to Kim Salinas

by Sarra Lev -

Hi Kim,

Thank you so much. Do you know if the more sophisticated question formats will work, like drag and drop?

Thanks again,

Sarra

In reply to Sarra Lev

by Kim Salinas -
Picture of Testers

Hi Sarra, I haven't tested this functionality. If you are exporting the questions from the same Moodle as the Lesson it should work. You may run into issues if you are importing questions from a different version of Moodle, like from 2.9 to 3.0.