Google Drive Authentication

Google Drive Authentication

by Jason Touw -
Number of replies: 1

Yet another authentication issue....I am running Moodle v3.0.

I am trying to get this Google Drive API OAuth2 token, beating my head against a wall here.

First, created a new project.  Then, I need to add credentials.  Are these settings correct?

Inline image 1

Then, I need to add credentials to the project:
Inline image 4

I am copying the "authorized redirect URIs" from the Moodle page to the Google 'Add Credentials' page.  This is the moodle page:
Inline image 3

​Then, step 3, confirming the email address of the OAuth 2.0 consent screen:
Inline image 5

Finally, credentials are created:
Inline image 6

Then, I downloaded the JSON file so I have all of the credentials in one place (attached).

So, then I am returned to this screen:
Inline image 7

...and now I have the client ID and secret...
Inline image 8

So...I copied and pasted the entire line into moodle for the client ID and secret:

Inline image 9

​At one point, I am then asked to verify ownership of the domain.  I do not know if this set is required to complete the API?  For now, I am not completing that step because it does not say on the developers page that it is required....

Inline image 10

So after saving everything, I am logging OUT of chrome AND closing the browser, then reopening.

I checked to verify the Google Drive and YouTube APIs are enabled, but still NO sync. 

I get this screen, almost there...
Inline image 13

..and STOPPED...

Inline image 14

Even though there is a link for more information, the link goes nowhere.  

Thanks!  Whew!  Took a long time to send all those screenshots.  Hope you can follow...and offer some suggestion!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jason Touw

Re: Google Drive Authentication

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Uhhh ... inline images missing from posting.  sad

Could do this with the images ... create a directory on a web server to which you have access, upload the screen shots to that directory (image1.jpg or whatever ... just make the filenames short/sweet no spaces, etc.), provide direct URL's to those screen shots.

'spirit of sharing', Ken