Installing Moodle 3

Installing Moodle 3

by Paulo Carvalho -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

I am having problems installing Moodle 3, mainly on the upgrade/install plugins.

The error is about my system include_path , it cant find folders under lib folder.

Have tried to change my Apache settings (php.ini), but something is forcing my local settings. Also have tried create a htacess file.

I keep getting msgs lije this:

"Warning: require_once(Zend/Server/Reflection/Function.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/carvalho/public_html/moodle/lib/zend/Zend/Server/Reflection.php on line 24

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'Zend/Server/Reflection/Function.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/home/manzpt/subdomains/development/httpdocs/libs/classes/:/home/carvalho/php') in /home/carvalho/public_html/moodle/lib/zend/Zend/Server/Reflection.php on line 24"

Is there a way to set the include_path in moodle config.php file?

Thx in advance

Paulo Carvalho

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paulo Carvalho

Re: Installing Moodle 3

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Looks like a Linux. Which distribution? Which version?

Did you get the LAMP stack from its repositories or did you compile on your own?

Which tutorial did you follow to install Moodle?
In reply to Paulo Carvalho

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Whatever is wrong (and I'm honestly not sure), setting the library search path is *not* the answer. Moodle should deal with this sort of stuff automatically (it's rarely an issue anyway). Something else is wrong.

Is your debugging turned right up to Developer? It would be interesting to see how we got here (a stack trace). To be honest, I have no idea what the zend framework is used for.

In reply to Howard Miller

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

The readme_moodle.txt in moodlecode/lib/zend/ says:

Description of Zend framework 1.10.6 import into Moodle
Please note the zend framework is severly crippled - everything not needed in /webservice/* is removed.

Do not use outside of our /webservice/* or mnet !!

Changes:
* lots of files removed
* small fix to error reporting in reflection (MDL-21460, ZF-8980)
* SOAP and XMLRPC servers overwrite the fault() functions
* synced and renamed file to version in ZF 1.10.6 (MDL-30603, ZF-11080)
* import security patch (MDL-34284, ZF2012-01, ZF-12293)

'spirit of sharing', Ken

Average of ratings: Useful (1)