Generate a certificate after quiz completed

Generate a certificate after quiz completed

by Chloe Badham -
Number of replies: 7

Hi

I am new to this! I have been looking for the answer to this for a few days now. I have tried a few things, however I never seem to have the options available to me to complete the task.

I am using Moodle 2.6. I am asked my technician to install the certificate plug in.  I have made a quiz. I have made a certificate. 

If students achieve over 90% they pass the course and can get a certificate.

I would like to set it up so that the certificate opens when they finish the course if they get over 90% - allowing students to print it. 

Can someone help me please? Sounds simple but proving to not be!

Thanks in advance

Chloe

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chloe Badham

Re: Generate a certificate after quiz completed

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

You need to do the following:

1. Set completion settings on the activities in the course.

2. Set the following restrictions on the certificate.  Completion of all activities.  Desired grade.

Then the certificate link will appear when all activities are completed and the course grade is above the required amount.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Chloe Badham

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers

Hi Cloe,

Emma has given you the basics which will work. Thanks Emma.

The 2.6 MoodleDocs page is here https://docs.moodle.org/26/en/Certificate_module.

I like to hide my certificates until the students meet the qualification.   I believe your site has to have conditional activities turn on.  Here is more for 2.6 https://docs.moodle.org/26/en/Conditional_activities .

You can also just make the certificate dependent upon their quiz score, which is what I do.  I also link activities, so for example they have to take 3 different lesson in order before they take the quiz. 

Hope between Emma's post and mine this solves some of the mystery.

Chris 

In reply to Chris Collman

by Chloe Badham -

Hi Chris and Emma.

Thanks for getting back to me... however I am starting to feel very silly now.

1- where do I find 'completion settings' for the activities

2 - where do I find restrictions  on the certificate. I looked at the moodleDoc Chris sent a link too but I don't have the 'locking options' option.... do I need to get the techies to install something else?

Thanks again for your help

Kind regards

Chloe 

In reply to Chloe Badham

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Completion and restriction settings need to be enabled 1) at the site level under advanced settings 2) under course settings.

Check your course settings.  If you don't see completion settings there, then ask your admin to enable at the site level.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Chloe Badham -

Excellent. Thank you - now I am getting somewhere, the admin changed the settings and now I can see those options.

I have now got most of it working but not quite. When the student has finished the quiz if gives them feedback. How do I get a link in there to work - it just says "Sorry this activity is currently hidden" even though the criteria have been met.

In reply to Chloe Badham

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi Chloe,
Sounds like they have not met the conditions you set.  This maybe different than your intentsmile  Emma and others may have some additional suggestions.

I would only set the condition for your certificate based upon the Quiz activity score.  
  • You may have other activities which contribute to the overall grade. 
  • I  did not like to use "must be marked complete" when linking a quiz to a certificate. This is another example of setting an unintentional condition. That meant  I also needed to go to the Quiz settings and give the conditions which made that activity complete. 

If these suggestions don't work, can you take a screenshot of your certificate conditions and post it here? 

Chris

In reply to Chris Collman

by Chloe Badham -

Wonderful - after some tweaking I have now got this working. Thanks everyone for your help

Chloe