How to turn off Moodle Cache completely

How to turn off Moodle Cache completely

by Sparsh Saxena -
Number of replies: 1

I want to turn off Moodle Cache completely.

How can i do this.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Sparsh Saxena

Re: How to turn off Moodle Cache completely

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Sparsh,

If you really need to do this, here are some things you'll need to do.  On the front page of Moodle at the bottom of the Administration block, type cache into the Search box, then click the Search button. Go through the items that come up and make sure they are set the way you want them. In the Administration block go to Site administration > Appearance > Themes > Theme Settings. On the Theme settings page, turn on Theme designer mode. Go into you server php.ini file and make sure you you turn off any cache listed in it. Restart your web server.

Be prepared for everyone to start complaining about how DRAMATICALLY SLOW your Moodle has become.

Also be aware, that this doesn't stop all the caching being performed by web browsers, which is probably the caching you are actually wanting to stop, to prevent students from being "helped" on a quiz. sad

What I did to keep students from being helped by cached info, was change the type of questions I was using.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)