Copying entries between groups

Copying entries between groups

by Alan Muston -
Number of replies: 2
Our college has 34 English classes (groups). We have a database of lessons for tutors who visit the college to access so that they know what to teach in any particular lesson. Once they have taught a lesson they then upload a file to the database and enter some information into the database. 

The question is this. When I set the database up initially I go select a group, enter the lesson information for that group, which includes an uploaded PDF file and some other stuff. I do this for 10 lessons for that group. Then I select the next group and repeat exactly the same process for the next group, with exactly the same information. For 34 classes I do this 34 times!!!

There has to be a better way.

Does anybody know what that way might be?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alan Muston

Re: Copying entries between groups

by William Lu -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Are you collecting feedbacks from your tutors? Then, just use Assignment Feedback feature (Offline assignment), or use Moodle Feedback module.

If you do want to use your database, you can enable comments, then you don't have to enter same info many times.

In reply to Alan Muston

Re: Copying entries between groups

by Itamar Tzadok -

You can try the Dataform module. If I understand you correctly, the lesson info is the same for all groups. You can create a view for each lesson and put all the lesson stuff in the view template. Then tutors can add an entry in the desired lesson view and enter their feedback text and/or file in the entry. You can design the entry form such that it would identify the lesson automatically depending on the view in which the entry is added. With the activity in group mode, the entry will be automatically associated with the tutor group, or with the current group, if the tutor can access all groups. So you only need to create 10 views. You don't need to add any entries. The entries will be added by the tutors. This should save you a lot of time. hth smile