Moodle 3.02+: Student skip content structure page = Always is not working

Moodle 3.02+: Student skip content structure page = Always is not working

by Janice Johnson -
Number of replies: 5

Hello, 

The following is not working in Moodle 3.02+.  The content structure still shows when the item is set to "Always".

Student skip content structure page = Always  

Any ideas of how to fix this?

Thanks,

Janice

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Janice Johnson

Re: Moodle 3.02+: Student skip content structure page = Always is not working

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

are you logged in as a "student" - it's called "student skip content structure page" because it only works for "students" - not teachers/admins. This is because the only way to get to the reports page is from the initial structure page with the "enter" button, so if it skipped for teachers/admins they would not be able to find the link to access the reports page.

- or are you trying to hide the content structure that shows while the student is inside the scorm package?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dan Marsden

by Janice Johnson -

Thanks Dan!  That helped.

Janice

In reply to Janice Johnson

by Bandana Kankani -

Hey for me the "Always" button is not there in the option. Moodle 3.0.3 

Please help

In reply to Bandana Kankani

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

you are probably using the Single activity course format - the "always" option is not supported when you use that because the content structure page is also the course homepage, which users are returned to on completion of the SCORM and you would end up in a redirect loop. There is a request in MDL-44905 to improve it further so that it redirects to the site homepage instead. That request has also been in the tracker for quite a while and not very many people have voted on it or expressed interest in getting it done.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Bandana Kankani -

Thanks Dan for the prompt response.

Is there a way I can still achieve to skip the enter click for students by custom CSS?

I understand the flow, but I as my viewers may have to ref to the course multiple times (how to use a software course), what is that best we can do?