Assigning Teachers to course

Assigning Teachers to course

by Vipin Vijayan -
Number of replies: 3
Hi All,

I am new to moodle. I have created a user and assigned the user to course creator role. I am able to create the course without any problem. Then I tried to assign the users to course using the same user. I am not able to do it. I know I can do it using super user. Is there any way I can manager both course and teacher assigning without having administrative privileges. 

Any help appreciated.

Thank you..

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vipin Vijayan

Re: Assigning Teachers to course

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello. Welcome to Moodle smile

What are you trying to do exactly? You have administrator privileges yourself so you could create the courses yourself and then assign other users the role of teacher in those courses. If instead you want to give someone else (not an admin) the ability both to create courses and to assign teachers to those courses, then try the Manager role

You might also find it useful, as a new user of Moodle, to read our Admin quick guide.

Just to let you know I deleted your duplicate post in another forum. Posting the same message in more than one forum only fragments the support you might receive.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Vipin Vijayan -

Thank your very much for your quick reply. I tried with a user of manager privileges, he is able to create courses but not assigning teachers to the course. Do I need to enable anything for avail this feature?

In reply to Vipin Vijayan

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Did you give this user the role of manager in the system, site-wide context? Site administration>Users>Permisions>Assign system roles?