Scorm modules not displaying after upgrade and server move

Scorm modules not displaying after upgrade and server move

by Shaun Sheppard -
Number of replies: 6

A client asked me to transfer a moodle instance to another hosting account and upgrade it.

I copied the moodle instance over, including the files, database and the moodle-data folder which sites outsite of the public_html folder.

I amended the configuration file to change the database details and any paths. Checked moodle in the browser and all seemed well.

I upgraded from 2.5 to 2.9, then from 2.9 to 3.0. I didn't realise I could do the upgrade to 3.0 in one go.

Anyway, moodle seems to be working, you can login and see all of the courses etc, but when you click to view a course/module that's scorm based, there's just a white space where the module should appear. If I right click on the area I get the flash based menu, so flash it loading but the content itself isn't.

I've set the permissions to 755 on the moodle-data folder, which still sits just outside of the public_html folder.

Can anyone shed any light on why this might be happening?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Shaun Sheppard

Re: Scorm modules not displaying after upgrade and server move

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Switch on Debugging (right up to Developer level). Do you now have any additional messages - either on the screen or in your web server error log?

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Did the url change?  And if so, did you run the replace.php to upgrade it in the database?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Shaun Sheppard -

Thanks for the responses so far.

I hadn't ran the replace.php script, but I have done it now and it didn't make any difference. I've checked the source code of the page to ensure that the URL is correct where the module should be loaded, and it is.

One thing I have just noticed, when I check the browser developer console, I see this error when trying to load the module;

"Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONTENT_LENGTH_MISMATCH"

I'm trying to re-upload the files again to make sure nothing is corupt.

by Shaun Sheppard -

I've re-uploaded the moodle data folder in binary mode, as I had read on another post that this can help. It has to an extent as I'm now getting a different experience.

I still get the white screen, but when I view the source of the module I see various errors in the developer console (see attached screenshot).

It looks to me like some of the code in some of the javascript files is corrupt.

For example, of the files in one of the modules is Configuration.js, and it's contents look like this...

-------------------

var FORCED_COMMIT_TIME = "60000"; //Used to force CommitData back to the LMS at the desired interval (in milliseconds). Set to 0 (zero) to not force a commit time.

var ALLOW_NONE_STANDARD = true;//Set this to false to show an error message if no SCORM or AICC API can be found - Standalone will still work fine.

var USE_2004_SUSPENDALL_NAVREQ = false;

one will still work fine.

var USE_2004_SUSPENDALL_NAVREQ = false;

----------------------

There's a rogue line "one will still work fine." which breaks the javascript and causes an error. There's plenty other errors to.

I've tried downloading the original moodle data folder from the source hosting account, and then re-uploading it again, but it still hasn't made any difference. I did wonder if somewhere along the lines the file had been damaged during upload/download.

Attachment Moodle errors.jpg

by Matteo Scaramuccia -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Shaun,
how did you move the files? Via FTP? Did you force the binary mode?

BTW, what happens if you link on your right e.g. Configuration.js (line) 71? It should show you the "broken" line.

HTH,
Matteo