Missing Add Question Button in Quiz since upgrading Moodle 2.7 to Moodle 2.9

Missing Add Question Button in Quiz since upgrading Moodle 2.7 to Moodle 2.9

by Samuel Than -
Number of replies: 4

Hi all,

Anyone can help/knows why the add questions button doesn't appear anymore ?

I've upgrade from Moodle 2.7 to Moodle 2.9

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Samuel Than

Re: Missing Add Question Button in Quiz since upgrading Moodle 2.7 to Moodle 2.9

by Paul Nicholls -

Hi Samuel,

Have you checked in the Clean theme?  I think there were some changes to that page between 2.7 and 2.9, so if your theme has not been fully updated to support Moodle 2.9, it may not display all aspects of the quiz editing interface correctly.  If it works correctly in Clean, the first step would be to check for an updated version of your theme (assuming it's not one that you've built yourself) - if there's no update available, giving us some more information about the theme you're using (theme name, version, whether it's from the Moodle plugins database, etc) may help us provide further assistance.

If it doesn't work in Clean, you may have a plugin or other customisation which is breaking it.  That may be a little harder to debug, but it'd likely be a JavaScript issue - in which case you may find some hints on the Console tab of your browser's developer tools.

-Paul

In reply to Samuel Than

Re: Missing Add Question Button in Quiz since upgrading Moodle 2.7 to Moodle 2.9

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

That page looks suspiciously truncated. Turn on Debugging and see if there is an error message.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Samuel Than -

I think i've found the problem.

I was injecting quiz through the database approach.

Since the upgrade to Moodle 2.9, there seems to be another table being introduced called 

mdl_quiz_sections.

I used to only inject onto mdl_quiz and mdl_quiz_feedback, now i need to include md_quiz_sections.

In reply to Samuel Than

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

That is correct.