How is anonymity technically assured when using the questionnaire?

Re: How is anonymity technically assured when using the questionnaire?

by Mike Churchward -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Well, in the case of questionnaire, the "anonymous" option is intended to prevent anyone from seeing who submitted the questionnaire, including teachers. It prevents any user identifiers from being displayed in the questionnaire UI anywhere. But, there are still ways for a suitably privileged and motivated user to identify what submission goes with what user.

mike

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mike Churchward

by Ruben Cancho -

Hi,

I've got the reverse problem. I made by mistake a questionnaire anonymous and I want to get user info back. How I should query the database to manually obtain the user of each response?

In reply to Mike Churchward

by Corrado Speroni -

Hi, I have found a big problem about anonymity. The problem is the report of the answers: the answers are collected in alphabetical order, so if I analyze the final report, I can easily know that the first answer corresponds to the first person in alphabetical order, the second answer corresponds to the second person, and so on. You can easily verify this by creating a simple questionnaire with a single text field and asking to the students to answer with the number corresponding to own position in alphabetical order. Then, force the students to send the answers NOT in alphabetical order, in order to simulate a "fortuity". When all students have sent the answers, in the final report you can see the answers from the first to last number, in perfect alphabetical order. In this way, I can know who wrote a specific answers. This is a big anonymity bug. It is possible to fix?

Corrado