Lesson activity

Lesson activity

di Marian Velivis -
Numero di risposte: 4

Having trouble, added a lesson and when I click on the lesson it brings me to a content page that says :

"You have seen more than one page of this lesson already.

Do you want to start at the last page you saw?" Yes/No

If you click the yes or no it will take you to the rest of the lesson and the link,

yet another lesson that I  created takes me directly to the info and link I want the students to access such as this: (without that extra page coming up as mentioned above)

"Please read the following NY Times article on obstacles encountered in ending extreme poverty.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/25/opinion/the-end-of-poverty-soon.html?_r=0"

I have looked and looked and cannot say what I did differently?  Any ideas.

Thank you

Marian Velivis

Media dei voti:  -
In riposta a Marian Velivis

Re: Lesson activity

di ben reynolds -

> Do you want to start at the last page you saw?" Yes/No

No should take you to the first page of the lesson. Yes should take you to the last page you saw. This question happens because you have viewed at least one page of the lesson and are now returning to the lesson.

> yet another lesson that I  created takes me directly to the info and link I want the students to access such

But, when you next visit that lesson, you should get this question. Do you want to start at the last page you saw?" Yes/No because you have now visited at least one page of the lesson.

In riposta a ben reynolds

di Marian Velivis -

Thank you Ben.  That's what I was thinking.  What has me confused is, two other lessons I created for this unit, this does not happen after they have been accessed several times.  This just seems like an unnecessary step and I was wondering if there was a way I could override it and just go back directly to the lesson page I "clicked on" without being asked this question since it is not consistent.

I appreciate your time and reply!

Marian

In riposta a Marian Velivis

di ben reynolds -

Interesting inconsistency. I just tested in a lesson I had never used.

After opening the lesson, I clicked a lesson page in the middle of the lesson. Then I left the lesson. Then I returned. I was at the start of the lesson with no yes/no prompt.

After I clicked through the first two pages of the lesson, I left. Then I returned. I was asked the yes/no question.

Just tested on another lesson. Clearly, Lesson is recording when you click the continue button and is tracking your progress. If you click in and click out without touching the continue button, nothing is recorded.

That doesn't help you much. I do know (because I was part of the discussion years ago) that you can copy the URL of a lesson page and paste it somewhere else (for example, at the end of a quiz) and the link will return you to the page you left.

In riposta a ben reynolds

di Stephen Bourget -
Immagine Core developers Immagine Plugin developers Immagine Testers

Ben,

When you say that you clicked on a page in the middle of the lesson, was this done using the lesson navigation block?  If so, I would be curious if that visit was actually recorded in the lesson activity (Does that visit show up in the lesson reports?)

The prompt for bringing you back to the previous page uses the information stored in the database for pages that you performed an action (like answering a question or choosing a branch) on the current lesson attempt.  I believe that just dropping into a lesson by accessing the page via the URL doesn't actually leave any trail showing that you were in the lesson.

In either case, could you please file a bug report in the tracker about this inconsistent behavior.

Thanks.