Moodle logs not showing user activity for students using the Moodle iPad app

Re: Moodle logs not showing user activity for students using the Moodle iPad app

by Wil New -
Number of replies: 0

Hi Juan,

Thanks for your continued interest in this, it is very much appreciated.

The "sub-pages" that I'm referring to are course sections, I believe. For example, I have a course called "Stage 5 PDH". In this course I have a Folder called "Keynote Slides" and a page called "Videos". The student who I asked to test Moodle for me has been to both of those pages and has recorded the day and time that they visited the page, but their visit is not recorded in the logs except to say that they have visited the course.

The screenshot below shows student Joel accessing the Folder "Keynote Slides" from a MacBook on the 11th February. It then shows him accessing the same folder on both the 17th and 23rd February, but this time from his school iPad. For the times when Joel was using an iPad, only "Course: Stage 5 PDH" is shown in the logs, even though he visited the same folder (the "Keynotes Slides" folder) that was shown previously on the 11th February when he used a MacBook.

Does this help to explain the issue better?

This report was obtained through Course Administration -> Reports -> Logs - is that the area that you suggested I look?

Thanks,
Wil.