Another vote: Move the re-do question button?

Re: Another vote: Move the re-do question button?

by Helen Foster -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Thanks Tim for your suggestion to change the button 'Redo question' to 'Try another question like this one'. Thanks also to Margaret for your feedback.

I have changed the language string in the English fixes language pack so that it will appear in the upcoming 3.2 English language pack.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Another vote: Move the re-do question button?

by Dan Noonan -

Hi Helen,

I really could not follow the logic train on changing the button from 'Redo' to 'try another question like this one'. Especially when a student clicks that button they are given the exact same question again (not one 'like this one').

Anyway, I have no expectations that this will be changed back. 

Can you please tell me where to go to change the wording of that button to something I want, like 'Retry' or 'Redo'.

I understand that any upgrade would break the change, but am happy to stay  on top of that to get rid of this current behavior.

Many thanks,

Dan

In reply to Dan Noonan

Re: Changing the wording to 'Redo'

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Dan,

You can easily change the wording to 'Redo' or 'Retry' using the Language customisation feature. The component is mod_quiz and the string identifier is redoquestion.

Also, when you upgrade, your wording change will be kept; you won't have to do it again.

I guess that the likelihood of a student getting the same question again rather than a different one depends on the size of the question bank?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Changing the wording to 'Redo'

by Dan Noonan -

Helen, 

Your the best!!!!!

Thank you so much for the quick reply and perfect instructions.

Take care,

Dan