Armenian Language Pack and Fonts

Armenian Language Pack and Fonts

د Leslie Foster لخوا -
د ځوابونو شمیر: 8

I am using 2.7.1 and I use the Clean theme.

We have a request from a potential client for a course in Armenian.  The course is no problem and we can have a translation.  However, when I view the Armenian language pack Moodle just shows square boxes.  See attached?

Any help appreciated......

Attachment armenian.JPG
د درجې بندۍ اوسط:  -
In reply to Leslie Foster

Re: Armenian Language Pack and Fonts

د Colin Fraser لخوا -
د Documentation writers انځور د Testers انځور

As I see it, the language pack may not be installed properly, or has not been fully translated, or your system is not supporting the charset required. Check the charset first, then if that is OK, check the language pack. I would think that if you were to look here, in the Language Packs page, you are likely to find that only 37% of the pack has been translated, which would be the likely cause. Please recognize that all this is volunteer work, so takes time, and all contributions are welcome.  

In reply to Colin Fraser

د Mihai Bojonca لخوا -
د Testers انځور

I have installed Armenian on our system and it works fine even though it is not translated enough. Could you please give a few more detailed about your system ?

In reply to Mihai Bojonca

د Leslie Foster لخوا -

What would you like to know ?

You can see for yourself at www.login4elearning.com

د Mihai Bojonca لخوا -
د Testers انځور

What was needed was :

Moodle version

Theme Version

I see that it is a font display issue so what font you were using would be also good.

I went to your website and i see that the font you are using is Sans Serif, looking at the character map supported i do not see that Hayots are supported.

Please try to change your website font to something with a full character map like verdana especially if you are using a multiple languages.

Once you change your font to one that has a full character map try to go into you languages menu and see if Hayots are displayd correctly.

Mihai

د Germán Valero لخوا -
د Documentation writers انځور د Particularly helpful Moodlers انځور د Plugin developers انځور د Testers انځور د Translators انځور

I installed the (hy) language pack and it works, in spite of not being fully translated:

In reply to Germán Valero

د Colin Fraser لخوا -
د Documentation writers انځور د Testers انځور

Could it be Leslie that you do not have an appropriate charset installed? Also, I understand that only these fonts use it: (from key-shortcut.com)

Arial

Arial Black

Impact

Lucida

Tahoma

Trebuchet MS

Verdana

Georgia

Palatino Linotype

Times New Roman

Courier New

Lucida Console

Comic Sans MS

Symbol (no web safe font)

Webdings (no web safe font)

Arial Unicode MS (no web safe font)

Of course, I could be wrong.... but, if you know a couple of Armenian speakers who would be willing to try to translate Moodle strings into Armenian, then I know that Koern would only be too glad of the help. That 37% could become 100% in a few days.. or so.