Adding a document to the feedback for an essay question

Re: Adding a document to the feedback for an essay question

by Tim Hunt -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

There is also MDL-41090 for the quiz side of this.

What it would take to implement this (warning, scary technical stuff)

It is not that hard (comparable to adding files to Essay question responses, which I think is

So, not a huge amount of code (probably not helpful that it is split over three commits that also contain the core changes that were needed to make it work).

Also, as an added gotcha, I think the core APIs had to change a bit after the initial implementation, because there was some flaw in the core code. That might be the MDL-39980 changes.

Acutally, if you don't want to trust my memory (recommended) look through the output of:

git log --no-merges --reverse --ancestry-path 894e8b4e93d8f3b4036ab738e2396a5eb0707c0a^..master -S file question/type/essay/

(Isn't that an awesome git log command.)

What it would take to implement this - take 2
OK, so it will probabl be better to just seach the current question/type/essay folder for 'file'. (Or /file(?! is part of Moodle)/ if you want to be fancy.) There are only 100 occurrences once you delete the unit tests sub-folder. Just try to understand that.

Result!

Well, that was meant to be an ecoraging set of hints to someone (Marcus) showing how easy it would be to implement this.

Not sure I succeeded. Drat!

Average of ratings: Useful (1)