Advanced forums: Add New Discussion Button doesn't work

Advanced forums: Add New Discussion Button doesn't work

by Peter Eckstein -
Number of replies: 3

Hi all,

I'm running 2.9+.  I created a group of Standard Forums for General Use, using Advanced Forums.  What's weird is that the "add new discussion button stopped working - on all the forums.  Students can't create new discussions. Even I as the teacher can't start.  All the settings are on basic default - nothing is hidden or restricted. Subscription is on Auto. Nothing is blocked. Short of recreating all the forums, what can be the issue?

What ever help you can give would be a blessing.  I need to correct this issue.

Thanks in Advance,

Peter

(Edited by Mary Cooch to clarify title - original submission Wednesday, 3 February 2016, 10:56 PM)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Eckstein

Re: Advanced forums: Add New Discussion Button doesn't work

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Peter. When you say Advanced forums, do you mean the Moodlerooms Advanced forum plugin? If so then that is fine but I just changed the subject title of your post so that people don't reply with suggestions for the standard forum instead. I am going to move the discussion to the forum -er - forum smile - so that hopefully some Advanced forum users might be able to offer help.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Peter Eckstein -

Hi Mary,

I forgot to subscribe to this forum (I thought this automatically did once I posted) so I missed your response.  

I couldn't find the Forum-er forum.  where is that?

Peter

In reply to Peter Eckstein

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Peter. I was just trying to be funny (and failingbig grin ) You posted your question in the General help forum and I thought it would be more suitable to be in the forum that is devoted to just talking about issues with the forum activity. So I moved your discussion there. And we are here now! However, that doesn't help with your problem I'm afraid. As the Advanced forum is not a standard/core activity, we'll have to hope others who also use it can offer some suggestions.