Sorting for Drafts in Version 2.8.8

Sorting for Drafts in Version 2.8.8

by Carla Castellaw -
Number of replies: 2

Is there an easy way to sort submissions for drafts in Moodle Version 2.8.8? 

Under Options I've tried filtering for Not Submitted and then clicking twice on Last Modified Submission; however, I still have to hunt for Drafts under the Status column since they interspersed with No Submissions.

For future versions of Moodle, it would convenient to be able to sort submissions by Drafts.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Carla Castellaw

Re: Sorting for Drafts in Version 2.8.8

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Best thing I can think of is doing a 'search' for the word Draft on the page (Command + F on the keyboard).

In reply to John Provasnik

Re: Sorting for Drafts in Version 2.8.8

by Carla Castellaw -

Hi John,

Thanks for the suggestion. Doing a search is helpful to find out how many drafts have been submitted. However, sorting is still an issue since "No submissions" are still mixed in with drafts when I use the "Not submitted" filter and then sort for "Last modified (submissions)". I see this as a design flaw especially since 46 out of 310 students are posting their work to the dropbox as drafts oftentimes when they mean to submit their work for grading.  Hopefully in future versions of Moodle, this flaw with sorting can be fixed.  Ideally, I would like to be able to sort for submissions that require grading  and drafts using one filter for both.

Bring on the next version,

Carla