Shared Dataset in Questions

Shared Dataset in Questions

by Nasser Alzayed -
Number of replies: 3

Can someone kindly help: if I create a question from scratch, and selected SHARED DATASET in 3rd step; the question is: Is this shared dataset will be shared: Category wise, Question bank wise (level of  the course), or over the whole moodle at large?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nasser Alzayed

Re: Shared Dataset in Questions

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The dataset will be shared with other questions in the same category in the question bank (which also share the same dataset).

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Nasser Alzayed -

Thanks Tim, I then don't know what am I doing wrong; I have many questions in a Cat. I made copies of the questions at the same Cat. Then created a new Cat. where I move the copies to. When I go to these copies question by question and delete the dataset at the last step thus keeping only one possible Answer,  I notice that original questions are also restricted to one single answer!

What I am trying to do is to get a snap of a calculated multi-choice question with only one possible answer without affecting the original question.

In reply to Nasser Alzayed

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Anytime you copy the question, I would presume that it is still linked to the same dataset.  I think you need to create a different dataset...