Suggestions for improvements to the Moodleplugins site

Re: Suggestions for improvements to the Moodleplugins site

by Mike Churchward -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi David -

Just checking in again. Is there some way I/we can help define, design and implement improvements to the plugins database collaboratively with you?

mike

In reply to Mike Churchward

by Mike Churchward -

Hi David -

It looks like you are unable to collaborate on plugin database improvements at this time. We will continue to forge ahead with our ideas, getting community involvement and feedback, with the goal of providing an improved, quality-tested plugin database/repository. We will make sure everything we do is publicly available at every step with the hopes of integrating our work back into one system eventually.

Hopefully, taking this approach will allow you to participate with minimal interruption to your other work and provide opportunities for you approve and affect the directions we take.

Thanks

mike

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Thanks for your offer Mike. We (Moodle HQ) are doing that already. There is a project going on that will soon lead to notable improvements in the Plugins directory UI and features offered to both users (visitors) and developers hosting their plugins there. We are not currently seeking for help with it.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to David Mudrák

by Mike Churchward -

That's awesome.

Is there a place we can see what the plans are and follow along with the work being done? This would be of interest to all plugin database users and developers.

mike

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Is there a place we can see what the plans are and follow along with the work being done?

There is indeed. The place is called https://moodle.org/plugins and it has been built and maintained like that since ever.

In reply to David Mudrák

by Mike Churchward -

Hi David -

I think you misunderstood my question.

You said, "There is a project going on that will soon lead to notable improvements in the plugins directory UI and features offered to both users (visitors) and developers hosting their plugins there."

That was what I was asking about when I asked, "Is there a place we can see what the plans are and follow along with the work being done?". For example, tracker items and/or wiki pages with the improvement plans?

mike