Elegance Theme login screen images do not show

Elegance Theme login screen images do not show

by Graham Sandersfield -
Number of replies: 13

I have uploaded 3 images into the login screen config page but none are showing when I go to the login screen.

Attachment screenshot_391.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Graham Sandersfield

Re: Elegance Theme login screen images do not show

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Have you tried clearing caches?
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Graham Sandersfield -

Yes I tried that and also tried using theme designer mode which I think clears cache automatically but unfortunately did not solve the problem.

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
And you are on the latest version?  I remember someone else having trouble with this but we could never reproduce - you might search through the forums to see if the other person posted a solution.  

by Graham Sandersfield -

Yes I am on the latest version of Moodle and Elegance as I've just started to populate the site.  I'll definitely take a look a the forums - do you happen to have a link to it?

by Emma Richardson -

I don't but think it was somewhere in the thread about the latest release...

by Graham Sandersfield -

Found the thread thanks  - no exact solution although this has given me a few options to try - seems like a bug rathe than something I'm doing wrong. https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=323962

by Emma Richardson -

Glad you found it - but sorry it didn't really help!  Hopefully something will magically get it working for you...it is so hard to troubleshoot when it isn't consistently happening across all sites!

by Bas Brands -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers

Hi Graham,

I am guessing this might have something to do with the way the images are fetched. Will try to change that this week and push it onto github.

In reply to Bas Brands

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Just to say, it worked for me on latest Moodle and Elegance versions from moodle.org site downloads

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Graham Sandersfield -

Thanks for reply - yes... this does seem to be an inconsistent problem

In reply to Bas Brands

by Graham Sandersfield -

That would be great thanks - let me know if anything can be done.