Suspend user after they've completed a course

Suspend user after they've completed a course

by Chad Pierce -
Number of replies: 1
Hello everyone,

I, and my organization, is brand new to Moodle and today is our first day of real-world implementation. Our agency employees need to take trainings when they are hired, as well as annual intervals. I believe I have a pretty good handle on how to present course completion information to our HR/Training department, but I have a question and would appreciate any insight!

Is there a way to auto-suspend a user from a course after they have completed course criteria?

I know that if you unenroll a student, their grades are also removed. Our HR/Training department would love to see the course grade remain after a user has completed a course, but the issue is the student would continue to see the course. Suspending hides the course from the student, but keeps grade history. I think this way their grade remains for HR to see, while the user doesn't need to see an overwhelming course list.

Manually suspending users would be quite tedious, so a criteria from suspending users after completion would be fantastic! Does such a plugin or feature exist?

Thank you for any information!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chad Pierce

Re: Suspend user after they've completed a course

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Hi Chad,

While you are waiting for someone to give you a suggestion that will benefit your situation, consider this: You can bulk-suspend users in a course with a some ease (versus suspending one student at a time).... See the second paragraph here. Of course, you still have to know who has completed all the requirements of the course, but then at least you can save your self a lot of repetitive steps.