Essential Theme doesn't recognize some fonts

Re: Essential Theme doesn't recognize some fonts

by Gareth J Barnard -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
  • Why have you not entered the name of the fonts as appropriate where it says so?
  • How did you create the material you have shown me and therefore how can I replicate the problem?
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Ahmed Nobani -

Gareth thank you

- where do you mean i have to enter the name of the fonts? and can i enter more than one name?

- how i created the material ? simply by labels,, all the text in my courses is entered manually in labels.

- how can you replicate the problem? i don't know

the thing is why in the same label some sentences are fine and the others are not (please see these two pics)  

view

---------------------------------------

edit

when i go to edit label the font courier new appears fine, the same for times new roman font, when i cancel editing and go back to the course main page without edit anything , some sentences appear fine and other not.

* no problem in clean theme

smile 

In reply to Ahmed Nobani

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Ok, looks like a bug where sometimes - with linked text - the set inline font-family can be overridden by the theme.  https://github.com/gjb2048/moodle-theme_essential/issues/616 raised.

Attachment 2016-02-09 16_50_45-Course_ Topics.png

by Gareth J Barnard -

Fixed in: https://github.com/gjb2048/moodle-theme_essential/commit/5737a9df91452208dda7afd233fb11afeb2934b3 - will be in next release for M2.9 and 3.0.

In the mean time, try the custom CSS:

a {
  font-family: inherit;
}

in the theme Custom CSS box under the general settings.

by Ahmed Nobani -

hi Gareth

i commented  these two lines then everything went ok.

file name: toolbox.php

file path: \moodle\theme\essential\classes

line 1:  $familyreplacement = 'Verdana'; (line number: 356).

line 2: $familyreplacement = 'Verdana'; (line number: 395).

thanks for your hard work Gareth.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)