v3.0 Incoming Mail Problem

v3.0 Incoming Mail Problem

by uk nites -
Number of replies: 7

Hi:

I am using windows server 2012 (IIS) and exchange server is 2010 and for database its MySql

I was using moodle 2.9 with same server and all incoming mails and confirmation mails etc were working fine

But ever since i have upgraded to version 3.0 the same settings are not working?

It displays a message that the password reset mail or new user mail has been sent but the end users are not receiving any mails from server?

What could be the possible reason?

thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to uk nites

Re: v3.0 Incoming Mail Problem

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi, sorry for weekend is slightly slow for getting responses, also some 60%+ of members must have ignored your post looking at your user name "uk nites" assuming it may be a spam and will be deleted shortly and finally those who read, wont be able to assist for now situation is going out of Moodle's coverage area, that being Exchange Server, as mostly people would feel comfortable on Web Server handling the mail, but Exchange server coming in does add a FULL level of expertise required.

Anyway, is your CRON/Scheduled Tasks running properly?

In reply to Usman Asar

by uk nites -
yup cron are perfect as i told you that version 2.9 with same exchange server was perfectly fine, but ever since i upgraded to latest version it stopped sending emails.
In reply to Usman Asar

by uk nites -
I just added SMTP configuration of GMAIL and thats not sending mails out as well
I want to know if there are others facing the same problem with this version 3

thanks
In reply to uk nites

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Are you sure that you are talking of _incoming_ problems.
> I just added SMTP configuration of GMAIL and thats not sending mails out..
That sounds like _outgoing_ mails.

> I want to know if there are others facing the same problem..
How do you know that they have the same problem, until you resolve your problem?

Debugging e-mail is a recurring topic here. Your starting point is https://docs.moodle.org/30/en/Messaging_settings.

Edit: Only now I see you are on a Microsoft platform. Sorry, I have absolutely no experience in MS.
In reply to uk nites

by Marina Glancy -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Moodle Workplace team Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Sounds similar to MDL-52637

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Marina Glancy

by uk nites -

Thanks a lot Marina

It really helped me

I managed to setup google

now trying to debug the smtp issue

Appreciated