Export by Student

Export by Student

by Andrew Earley -
Number of replies: 3

Is it possible to allow student to export their entries?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andrew Earley

Re: Export by Student

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Andrew,

The capability mod/data:exportentry is allowed for the default role of student i.e. they are allowed to export their own database entries. You just need to add the ##export## tag to list and/or single templates.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Andrew Earley -

Hello Helen, 

Thank you very much for the response, I hadn't realised that tag existed. (maybe I will look next time)

Although I have added the ##export## tag to both view templates and it does not appear, I had checked the capability and it is still set to allow.

In reply to Andrew Earley

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Apologies for not mentioning previously that you also need to have portfolios enabled on your site. Please see the documentation Managing portfolios for details.