After upgrading to 3.0, cannot change Administration settings

Re: After upgrading to 3.0, cannot change Administration settings

by Melissa Campbell -
Number of replies: 10

Luis, thanks for your reply!

I clicked the "Purge all caches" link at the bottom of the /moodle/login/index.php page.  I also went to the /moodle/admin/purgecaches.php page like you suggested and clicked the "Purge all caches" button.  

But then when I go to back to /moodle/admin/upgradesettings.php and click the "save changes" button, I get the same error message.

In reply to Melissa Campbell

by L Passaglia -

Hello Melissa,

Have you found the source of the above problem?

I'm experiencing the same thing after an upgrade to the latest build of Moodle 3.1.

Thank you

In reply to L Passaglia

by johnny Flores -
Ditto,  same identical problem here!
In reply to johnny Flores

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Johnny, have you made jump from 1.9 to 3.x?

and during upgrades, have you been updating your config.php file as well? for there is slight difference in config files that are used by latest installs vs older installs.

In reply to Usman Asar

by johnny Flores -
Thanks for your quick reply.  

I did a fresh install of 2.8 then upgraded to 2.9 and the problem started.  Did a clean install of 3.0 and upgraded to 3.1 and the samething happened.  Turned on debugging , nothing there,  purged the cache,  it purged fine.  I have given up on this.  I only have one theme installed "essential" and "grid" for course format. The only thing that I dont know ifvtgats the problem when installing moodle, is that the database is asking to convert the tables to baracuda format. 

It's been a mystery to solve this.  Two months and solution yet.  sad

Johnny

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Now that one version jump, and showing issues is really weird  stuff, for anything above version 2.0 can take a leap of even 2-3 version in between without showing any issues.

Now, What I am assuming.

Have you initially installed your Moodle using script installer?

In reply to Usman Asar

by johnny Flores -

I did use softaculous installer and decided to wipe everything and do a manual install.  However the problem still persist.  Can't save setting in upgradesetting.php.  Also when I change settings involving check boxes and "empty" fields they will also not save.

by johnny Flores -

I get this error on the footer.  I assume this is only for performance purposes

Warning: is_readable(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/proc/loadavg) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/vhnlprrn:/usr/lib/php:/usr/php4/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php4/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/vhnlprrn/public_html/lib/moodlelib.php on line8944

Warning: is_executable(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/bin/uptime) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/vhnlprrn:/usr/lib/php:/usr/php4/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php4/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/vhnlprrn/public_html/lib/moodlelib.php on line8947

Attachment Screenshot_2016-08-08-09-26-25.png

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

What theme are you using?  Have you tried switching to Clean theme to make sure that it is not a theme issue?  Are you sure that are filling out all of the required fields?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by johnny Flores -
Am using essential,  also noticed something similar happened in the Front page settings.  If I add a "Front page summary" and save , no problem.  But if I try to remove any summary, I mean clean the text box, it will not save the settings.  It will take me back to the same page with any text I intended to delete.  I don't think this is a theme bug.  Do you?  Debugging gives me no messages.  Any ideas?  I have read for weeks trying to find a solution.  No luck so far.  Thank you for all your help and time.  
Have a blessed day.

Johnny

by Carl Boyd -

I currently have exactly the same problem, it occurred after modifying a block. We are going to try and restart our services this evening to see if this will resolve the problem. There are too many users logged in at the moment to try it now.

During testing of the Essentials theme over summer, we had exactly the same problem. That time it happened when I added a block. I got stuck at the upgradesetting.php page as the changes could not be saved. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Carl