Activity Completion - Completion tracking question

Re: Activity Completion - Completion tracking question

by Mary Cooch -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Short answer - the student doesn't even need to click on the activity. They can just mark it as complete on the page and that is the end of that.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Under Dog -

Hi Mary,

If they do complete the activity though, will Moodle tick the box?

I have intermittent problems where a student will complete the activity but for some reason it won't tick the box.  I want students to manually be able to mark it complete.

Any thoughts or insight would be appreciated!

Many thanks

In reply to Under Dog

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

If you have manual completion then the student needs to tick the box (which they can do whether or not they do the activity) If you have automatic completion then Moodle will tick the box for them once they have done the activity.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Rob Skeet -

There have been several threads about allowing teachers or admins to tick the box for SCORM objects. essentially overriding the automatic one.  I have not been able to find a clear answer on whether this ever got implemented.

I know a teacher can manually go in and change grades but this has no effect on completions.

Any ideas how an admin can override completions?

(The scenario here is employees must view 4 SCORM presentations before entering the worksite. normally this is not a problem but we now have over 30 coming at once and only 6 computers.

We want to bring them all into a room and show them the presentations all together and the mark them as complete for all 30 users)

Thoughts?

Rob

In reply to Rob Skeet

by Alfie Punnoose -

Hi Rod,

have you found a solution for this? I have the same problem where when I overriding grades in grade-book it doesn't set the completion.