Removing NAVIGATION and CALENDAR from Front-page

Removing NAVIGATION and CALENDAR from Front-page

by Luis Ibhiabor -
Number of replies: 5

Hello,

I would like to remove the NAVIGATION and CALENDAR blocks from the Front-page, and only make them visible to users after the have logged. We don't want visitors and registered users to see our courses on the home page of our moodle site. Is this possible to achieve, please?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Luis Ibhiabor

Re: Removing NAVIGATION and CALENDAR from Front-page

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Yes, but the best bet, I suggest is to create your own front page. Use that and replace the default pre-login front page, I would think that to do this is to look through the code of the index.php and using that code, work out how to refer to your front page programmatically. Keeping courses and categories off the Front Page, when logged in, can be found under Site Admin > Front Page > Front Page Settings and explained in the Font Page FAQ.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Colin Fraser

by ashok kumar -

I am using Moodle 3.1.2 and I am unable to hide the calendar block on the home page of non-logged in users.

I have tried to prohibit the Permissions of all roles in Block: Calendar , but still i am unable to hide the calendar block

Please help me out , if you have solution for it .

Thanks in advance.

Attachment homepage-before login.png
Attachment Permissions in Block_ Calendar.png
In reply to ashok kumar

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Can you confirm that the 'Guest X ' we see in the picture there shows a guest is prohibited from viewing the block, and it is not simply continuing the line of users allowed to view the block? (It's not clear in the screenshot) Why not just click the X of the guest role to remove it completely and then see what happens?

In reply to Luis Ibhiabor

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

If you don't want non-logged in users to see certain blocks such as Navigation and Calendar, then please follow the instructions in Blocks FAQ

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Luis Ibhiabor -

Thanks to both of you. Your suggestions were very useful.