Completed quiz saying 'not completed'

Completed quiz saying 'not completed'

by Jess Gronow -
Number of replies: 0

Hi everyone,

I am currently using Moodle 3.

I have a quiz made up of 16 manually graded questions.

Each question equals to 1 point when answered correctly.

The total marks saved in the Quiz layout are 16.00.

In the Quiz settings, I have the following settings:

• Grade to pass: 16.00
  • Activity Completion: "Show Activity as complete when conditions are met"
  • Require passing grade: "Require passing grade"

I believe I have all of my settings correct so that when a student completes the quiz with a score of 16 the check box will automatically tick and the hover note would say the activity has been completed.

This seemed to work fine with one student who completed the quiz with a score of 16. The tick checked the box and they were able to move through to the next activity (that I have set up with restricted access until this one is completed).

The next two students who complete the quiz with a score of 16 did not have the same success. Although the grades clearly have the green 16 and 100% marks, the check box remains unticked and the hover note states that it Is not completed.

In addition to this, one student had this error on her screen when she attempted to submit her answers to the quiz:

Necessary properties missing in userto object, fetching full record•line 95 of /lib/messagelib.php: call to debugging()
•line 1520 of /mod/quiz/locallib.php: call to message_send()
•line 1600 of /mod/quiz/locallib.php: call to quiz_send_notification()
•line 1713 of /mod/quiz/locallib.php: call to quiz_send_notification_messages()
•line ? of unknownfile: call to quiz_attempt_submitted_handler()
•line 155 of /lib/classes/event/manager.php: call to call_user_func()
•line 89 of /lib/classes/event/manager.php: call to core\event\manager::process_buffers()
•line 2413 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: call to core\event\manager::database_transaction_commited()
•line 92 of /lib/dml/moodle_transaction.php: call to moodle_database->commit_delegated_transaction()
•line 192 of /mod/quiz/processattempt.php: call to moodle_transaction->allow_commit()

That may or may not be relevant to my issue but I don't think this is a good thing to see and would rather have that addressed also.

The following changes to our moodle overall have been made (not sure if they can affect this issue):

• Our moodle was opening with a redirect error so that we slightly changed the redirect mismatch code to 0 instead of 3, as per instructions on this forum. This means our page now automatically opens on moodle without a redirect message.
  • Two of the quiz questions were edited so that they were reworded.
  • A javascript to disable right click was placed into the Additional Html fields.
  • Unticked some review options.
  • Selected notify graders in some Assignment activities.

Hopefully there is a simple solution to this. I appreciate the assistance any of you can provide over this.

Thankyou.

Average of ratings: -