Uploading GIFTS Format keep getting error

Uploading GIFTS Format keep getting error

by Libert Link -
Number of replies: 7

I get keeping get error by uploading Questions in gifts format my Moodle 2.4 in attachment gifts doc and screenshot

Attachment 2.gif
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Libert Link

Re: Uploading GIFTS Format keep getting error

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

You will probably get more eyes on the problem if you switch to the English language on that site and take screen shots of the error again.

In reply to Marcus Green

by Libert Link -

Just change, not one question was added??????

In reply to Libert Link

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Can you go to admin and turn the debugging to developer then try importing a file containing a single question.

In reply to Marcus Green

by Libert Link -
Keep getting error change to moodle xml format everything goes Well !!
In reply to Libert Link

by Joseph Thibault -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I might try removing the ......  in the question text. GIFT will only accept plain text, that looks to be formatted differently when looking at the txt file.

When I try to upload I see that there are unknown characters so there looks to be something wrong with formatting. 

1. Het is een ����. probleem als er binnen 1�week in heel Nederland 200 fietsers een lekke band krijgen. Welk woord is hier weggelaten?

In reply to Joseph Thibault

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I suspect the GIFT file is probably not in UTF-8 encoding. It must be.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

I think you are right Tim,

And if I remember well the tests I did some time ago,  the situation can be worse ! Trying to import a question where the first non UTF-8 character is in an answer will lead to a broken question in the database !