Grades for most assignments are locked

Grades for most assignments are locked

by Joel Lapin -
Number of replies: 3

Hello everybody

I am a TA in a class that has 3 categories of assignments, which are test, HW quizzes and quizzes. I must enter grades for the first quiz but everything appears to be locked up. There is no grade insert box, no override check box. If I go to grade administration/setup there doesnt appear to be any options for locking/unlocking.

Is anybody familiar with my issue, and its solution?

Thank you

Joel

In reply to Joel Lapin

Re: Grades for most assignments are locked

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

When you are in quick grading mode, you don't see any option to add a number grade? Could it be these assignments utilize rubrics/grading scales? You wouldn't see an option to manually input a number grade on the quick grading screen then...

In reply to Joel Lapin

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

What version of Moodle?  Can you post some screenshots?  What kind of quiz?  Is it one that is automatically graded?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Joel Lapin -
John and Emma,

Thank you for getting back to me. As of Sunday afternoon the lock had been lifted and I can now enter grades in for the students. So the take away is to let moodle problems fix themselves ;). But seriously I am guessing that as ancillary administrator in this class, I did not have the authority/privilege to remove the lock and it was probably fixed by the professor who set up the class in moodle.

Joel