Few scenarios failing with Selenium 2.49

Few scenarios failing with Selenium 2.49

by Rajesh Taneja -
Number of replies: 4

Selenium 2.49 got released last week and there are 7 failures found while running tests against FF.

The fix is on it's way, MDL-52839

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rajesh Taneja

Re: Few scenarios failing with Selenium 2.49

by Dan Poltawski -

Hi Raj,

Having seen this constantly happens with Selenium and our behat setup, I wonder if we should make the general advice to *always* check your selenium version against our 'currently supported version' on the docs page. Rather than now where I think we all assume any latest selenium version works. As a consequence we don't need to drop everything on the Moodle side to rush the fix out.

Or do you think we are getting less and less problems with these selenium releases and we'll eventually stop running into them?

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Dan Poltawski

by Mark Johnson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

From the point of view of an institution that does lots of selenium testing in-house, it would be helpful to have a "known good" selenium version for a certain Moodle release.  That way we can keep our developers and CI server in line, and update our Selenium set-ups when we merge with a new Moodle version.

In reply to Mark Johnson

by Rajesh Taneja -

There is a list of working combination which was used for testing https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Acceptance_testing/Browsers#Working_combinations_of_OS.2BBrowser.2Bselenium

As selenium releases have happened quite drastically in last few months, this information has to be moved to a new page now.

I will try get to this ASAP.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dan Poltawski

by Rajesh Taneja -

Dan I was in impression that we should try support all versions of Selenium, as there is not much happening on Selenium end till 2.47.1. But after 2.48+ there has been 7 releases in last 3 months.

Also, with each selenium release, we can't expect it to run on older FF/chrome. So surely it will be nice to keep list of working combinations and inform user to ensure they use 1 of the working combinations.