Blank page

Blank page

by Daniel Rangel -
Number of replies: 6

Hi! I've been using the plugin on Moodle 2.9 with no problems, but a few days ago there was many notifications about updates of some plugins (included Attendance); I updated all of them, but then when I tried to use the Attendance plugin, it shows a blank page. After that I upgraded Moodle to 3.0 version, but the problem was not solved. I uninstalled the plugin and installed the older version, but the problem persists.

Can you help me to make the plugin work?

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Daniel Rangel

Re: Blank page

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

A blank page is sometimes  a cache problem.  Try purging all caches.  If that does not work, turn debugging on and see if any messages show up.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Daniel Rangel -

Thank you, Emma!

I tried purging all chaches and turn debugging on, but that didn't work. No messages, only the blank page sad

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I suggest updating to the latest version again.  If you have upgraded to 3.0 you will probably need the latest attendance version.

If you are not getting any debugging messages, I still think you are having a caching issue.  Make sure debugging is set to full developper mode.  Purge all caches again.  Clear the cache in your browser and try the page again.

If you still have a blank page, go to your moodledata folder and clear out the cache folder and temp cache folder.  Clear browser cache again and try again.  (You might actually try a different browser altogether just to make sure that you are pulling a fresh page)

by Daniel Rangel -

Thanks a lot for the help!

I tried all the options you suggested me several times, but it doesn't work yet. I've noticed the blank page appears when I try to use any plugin marked as "Adicional", not only Attendance.

Maybe I must make a new installation of Moodle.

Thank you again!

by Emma Richardson -

Ok, well now that's a whole different story.  Are all your additional plugins Activities?  How about themes?  Do you have a theme added and is it working?  

If this started when you upgraded attendance, I would guess that instead of copying the attendance folder into the mod folder, you somehow replaced the mod folder with your attendance folder or dumped the contents of your attendance directly into your mod folder so that it can't find the correct files. 

Or you have a permissions issue on your mod folder...

When you upgraded, what process did you go through?  

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Daniel Rangel -

Hi, Emma!

You are the best!!!!!

I solved it changing the permissions (777 to 755 in forlders; and 666 to 644 in files). I don't know why it happened, but thanks a lot!!!

smile

Average of ratings: Useful (1)