Possible errors in install docs for Ubuntu 14.04

Possible errors in install docs for Ubuntu 14.04

by Paul Cuttriss -
Number of replies: 4

Hi

I have just completed an install on Ubuntu 14.04 and believe I have identified a couple of errors in the documentation here: https://docs.moodle.org/26/en/Step-by-step_Installation_Guide_for_Ubuntu

Error 1: Step 5 refers to a copy to /var/www/html and a chmod for /var/www/html/moodle. In step 7 the directory /var/www/moodle is referred to. I believe that the default document root is /var/www and that the step 5 elements should be updated to reference that location.

Error 2: Step 2/3 fail to install libapache2-mod-php5 which resulted in the php5 modules not loading. It would be useful to have this package installed in one of these steps to ensure it is in place.

Please can someone confirm if these are valid errors?

If you can provide me access to the docs I would be happy to carry out the updates if that helps.

Regards

Paul C

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paul Cuttriss

Re: Possible errors in install docs for Ubuntu 14.04

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I think you're right and, it's a wiki, anybody can edit the pages. 

In reply to Howard Miller

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Paul and thanks for your offer to help with the docs. If you look at the docs URL you will see it says 26 which means the documentation is for Moodle 2.6, an older version no longer supported. Please check the current version, 3.0 which is here: https://docs.moodle.org/30/en/Step-by-step_Installation_Guide_for_Ubuntu and if you feel that has errors then you just need to log in to the documentation with your Moodle.org account and you can edit it yourself as Howard suggests.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Paul Cuttriss -

Howard, Mary

Thanks for your responses. I am just reading the 3.0 docs and checking them out as well. 

Paul