Missing answer choices when reviewing attempt

Missing answer choices when reviewing attempt

by David Conrad -
Number of replies: 4

Greetings, 

We have an instance where the answer choices are missing when reviewing a multiple choice quiz attempt. The questions have four choices but only the first two appear on the review attempt page. This is only happening on questions 12 and 13 on a 25 question quiz. I checked all the quiz and question settings, display options, tried in Firefox, Chrome and Explorer. I inspected element and nothing jumps out that is missing or causing an error. I've attached screen shots below. I reviewed the database: the quiz_attempts table doesn't record responses/choices. The question_attempts only shows the answer provided. 

We're using v2.8.4.

Does this ring a bell to anyone? Any solutions or places to look/adjust?

Thank you! 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Conrad

Re: Missing answer choices when reviewing attempt

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

What is the date that the Student started that quiz attempt? (Visible on the first page if you review the attempt.)

What is the date when that question was last edited? (Visible at the bottom of the form when you edit the question.)

In reply to Tim Hunt

by David Conrad -

Hi Tim - The attempt started January 13 and the questions were last saved January 14.  Thank you. 

In reply to David Conrad

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Right, so the question was modified after it was attempted. Bad move. That does not work.