Error In HTML Editor With Hyperlinks???

Error In HTML Editor With Hyperlinks???

од Charlie Wilson -
Број на одговори: 11

In the html editor in moodle you can create a hyperlink then you give that hyperlink a target ergo same window, new window, same frame... i understand that the same frame option should load the webpage but the moodle header should still be at the top this does not seem to work. any incite into the problem, or how to fix it?

same window

same frame

new window

none

for me when i click the above links three of the four do the exact same thing while the other actually does what it clames to do???

Просек на рејтинзи: -
Во одговорот до Charlie Wilson

Re: Error In HTML Editor With Hyperlinks???

од Helen Foster -
Слика од Core developers Слика од Documentation writers Слика од Moodle HQ Слика од Particularly helpful Moodlers Слика од Plugin developers Слика од Testers Слика од Translators
Hi Charles,

The reason why the same frame link in your post doesn't open in a frame is because forum discussion pages do not use frame sets.

To add a web link to your course within a frame, so that the moodle header is at the top, please try adding a "Link to a file or website" resource with the same window "Put resource in a frame to keep site navigation visible" option checked.

The code for the none link shows it does actually link to google.com:

<a title="google" href="http://www.google.com/"><font color="#0000aa">none</font></a>

As with any html editor, it helps if you learn some html to sort out any small problems. wink
Во одговорот до Helen Foster

од Charlie Wilson -
if you use this feature inside a wiki it does the same thing same reason?
Во одговорот до Charlie Wilson

од Jeff Wood -
Hi all,

Not sure this is the same issue, but I have noticed some odd behaviour with the HTML editor and links.

1. If only one word is liked you can set where the link will open (new window, same window etc)

2. If more than 1 word is selected you can only have it open in same window - the choice you make on the link window doesn't register (the link choosing window doesn't close after you click OK)

I am running 1.5.2+, FF on Win XP machine at home.

Any ideas?

Jeff
Во одговорот до Jeff Wood

од James Depow -

Hi Jeff,

I have experienced the same problem.  I have found that once you select the target (new window, etc) you need to click a blank area within the dialogue box i.e., just to the right of the target drop down menu.  This in effect deselects the target and the link then works as you selected.

Jim

Во одговорот до James Depow

од Gary Martin -
I just found another twist on the target="_blank" code not being written in certain cases. I can select one or more words, use the "Insert Web link" icon to enter a URL, set the Target to "New window" and the target code gets written and saved just fine directly upon hitting "OK" (i.e. I don't have to click off anywhere in the dialog area first).

That all works AS LONG AS the item selected is NOT the first word of the text string. If I select the first word, either alone, or in combination with any following words, the target="_blank" code does not get written to the html.

I also found that problem exists with images. Insert an image, select it, and go through the process of inserting a web link and setting the target = New window, and the target argument does not get written. Is that because the image is the first object in its own "string"? So the general bug might be something like: Whatever text or object is first in its string, the "New window" target selection does not get written to the html??

Во одговорот до Gary Martin

Vast: Re: Error In HTML Editor With Hyperlinks???

од Jani Lemmetyinen -
Hi,

I also have noticed the same problem, when using html editor with
Firefox (version 1.0.7). I try to make a new link, which should open in
new window. If the link text is at the beginning of new text string, AND if the
link text is two or more words, it doesn't open new window but same window. If the link is only one word and beginning of string, it's working OK. I have also often get target= "_blank" code.

For example: all of these links should open in new window.

Test link > not correct, opens to same window
Test link > OK
Test link page > OK
Test link > OK

I try to click a blank area within the dialogue box, but it doesn't help.

I tested this in dfWiki and glossary as well. I first test at our site,
and also at wiki arena in test.moodle.com
[http://test.moodle.com/mod/wiki/view.php?id=697&page=view/first&gid=0]]

I have also test this with IE 6.0 winxp sp2, with IE everything works OK смешко

At our site we have Moodle 1.5.3+ (2005060230).

Have you find any solutions to this problem?

- Jani -
Во одговорот до Jani Lemmetyinen

Vast: Re: Error In HTML Editor With Hyperlinks???

од Jani Lemmetyinen -
Во одговорот до Jani Lemmetyinen

Re: Vast: Re: Error In HTML Editor With Hyperlinks???

од Jason Nuyens -

We are also getting an error when we try to make a link open a new window.  We cannot seem to get images into the HTML editor and apply the new window target.  It just doesn't stick.  The work around is that you can obviously just change it in code view. 

However, this method of applying target="_blank" is pretty painful for those who have to edit activity information with lots of information on a page.  Especially the teachers/managers who are really hesitant to even look at code view. 

Any ideas?   

Во одговорот до Jason Nuyens

Re: Vast: Re: Error In HTML Editor With Hyperlinks???

од Sharon Goodson -

Unfortunately, I'm not bringing ideas, just more quarks. I've worked around most of the problems discussed here by hand coding and holding my tongue just right when I save. I've been able to use links in a 'composed web page' and have those linked pages appear within a frame with the moodle header still visible. Wikipedia pages, however, will not cooperate. Unless I select 'new window' (or hand code 'blank') it will eliminate moodle when it loads in the same window. In other words, it leaves moodle and the back button will not return it to moodle (unless you pull down the 'back' history and manually select the last moodle page). I don't want to have all these links open in new windows because users will end up with a gazillion windows open.

I learned hand coding so long ago that my memory doesn't cooperate much either, but it's there code that will open one new window and let you reuse that? Or does anyone know a way around Wikipedia's window control issues?