Showing ratings count

Showing ratings count

by Michael Frantzis -
Number of replies: 2

Me again...

I would like to be able to use a rating scale of just one point i.e. to give students the option of saying whether they find the given resource useful or not. A bit like a 'like' in Facebook.

3 questions:

1) If I want a filter to order the entries in the order of number of 'useful' ratings do I choose the order by the 'number' or 'sum' of ratings. I assume the former would be fine if there is only one possible of rating? 

2) Does the 'sum' work only if you have a numerical scale?

3) Is there a way of displaying in the view what this 'number' would be. So, a student would see a given resource had received e.g. 13 'usefuls' and another '8'

Also thank you so much for providing us with this great plugin and for supporting us here! It's really appreciated. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael Frantzis

Re: Showing ratings count

by Itamar Tzadok -

1. Number of ratings should work in a one-point scale. The sum is not equivalent to number. It is capped at the scale size and so with one-point scale would return that one point regardless on the number of ratings.

2. No. Sum should work also for non-numerical scales. That's because non-numerical scales are essentially numerical, that is, the options have numeric indices. But as mentioned above, the sum cannot exceed the scale size.

3. Yes. You can use the pattern [[<fieldname>:view:count] ] for ajax display of the number of ratings, or [[<fieldname>:count] ] for a static display.

hth smile

Average of ratings: Useful (1)