Feedback IN Grade Report but NOT IN assignment activity

Feedback IN Grade Report but NOT IN assignment activity

by Hittesh Ahuja -
Number of replies: 2

Hi All,

Just so that we are clear from the start , this is not a query about feedback not being passed from Activity to the gradebook , its the other way round. 

One of our academics have graded students in the gradebook for the various assignments that they have been part of . The procedure he has followed is that of giving them a final grade first followed by a feedback for the same in the student's grade report. Although the final grade appears in the assignment grading page under the Final Grade column , the feedback doesn't 

Assignment Grading page:

User report:

So here's my question : Just like feedback is passed FROM activity grading page TO Gradebook , does it also work the other way round ? 

Many thanks in advance 

Hittesh Ahuja 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Hittesh Ahuja

Re: Feedback IN Grade Report but NOT IN assignment activity

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

My understanding is that neither a grade nor feedback set in the gradebook directly will appear in the original activity, so It does not work in reverse. Putting a grade or feedback in the gradebook will override what is in the activity module . But as you pointed out, the override will appear in the user report    

In reply to John Provasnik

Re: Feedback IN Grade Report but NOT IN assignment activity

by Hittesh Ahuja -

Hi John,

Many thanks for your reply. I think this could be a useful feature that I could ask Moodle HQ to add onto . I'll be posting a tracker on Moodle for the same.

Thanks,

Hittesh Ahuja