Missing Clean Theme

Missing Clean Theme

by leslie tindale -
Number of replies: 4

Hi Mary,

First of all apologies if this is not the place to ask these questions. 

I'm a novice and tried to install a new theme (just to see how it lookedsad).

It then got me stuck at the plugin update screen as it needs the clean theme to run. On checking it seems that our installation does not have the Clean theme installed sad

can i reinstall it ??? I tried with various modified versions but to no avail.

Regards,

Leslie

PS I can delete the theme causing the problem(I think) but was wanting to do this right.

Once again, sorry to bother you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to leslie tindale

Re: Clean Theme Missing

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Clean theme is part of the core installation of Moodle, so if that is missing it would appear someone has deleted it.

I would suggest downloading (if you dont have it) Moodle again, and copying the entire theme folder back to your installation, just in case anything else (like bootstrapbase, or any other folders are missing.

Re: Missing Clean Theme

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Leslie,

As you can see I have split this from the original discussion thread, as it is a new question and nothing to do with customising the Clean theme, as you appeared to have lost the Clean theme altogether!

OK...so I can help, can you please tell me which version of Moodle your site is using?

As Richard pointed out If the Clean theme is missing then you or someone in your institution must have delete it, however I am surprised that your Moodle site is working as Clean theme is the 'default' theme, and as such would not have been allowed to have been removed,

So this is very puzzling.

I am looking forward to your findings...please keep us informed so that we can close this thread if it no longer needed, especially when you recover the Clean theme.

Many thanks

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by leslie tindale -
Hi Mary,
Sorry I missed your reply and have taken so long. I still have issues with the clean theme "missing" but have managed to delete entries from the database and keep our site working....I only have problems when for example, I try to install the Pioneer theme...then I cant go further.

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi leslie,

Perhaps you are not using the version of Moodle that has the Clean theme. If your Moodle site is using Moodle 2.4 then that version does not use Bootstrapbase and therefore there will be no Clean theme.

To find out which version of Moodle you are using please go Administration > Notifications and the version should be listed there near the bottom of the page?

Cheers

Mary