Course progress not working

Course progress not working

by Trine Michelsen -
Number of replies: 4

Hi!

I've got a course with 3 different topics, in order to go on from one topic to the other the student needs to pass a quiz in each topic. All that is working fine, quiz 2 doesn't open until quiz 1 has been passed and quiz 3 doesn't open until quiz 2 has been passed.

But... when it comes to the progress showing for the student it leads to misunderstandigs. Initially for each topic it states that the progress is 

"Progress: 0/1" but once the student has passed the test and goes onto the next topic the topic he has passed still says "Progress: 0/1" when it should say Progress: 1/1. 

I'm probably missing something in the settings but can't figure out what!

I've installed the progress bar plugin and that is working fine, it's the Progress text showing when the topics are collapsed that isn't working...

Thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers

Trine

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Trine Michelsen

Re: Course progress not working

by Trine Michelsen -

Please can anyone help with this? I can't understand why the progress of each of the 3 topics in the course keeps showing 0/1 when the quiz (which is the only required activity) has been passed? It should day 1/1 once the activity has been completed and passed with the correct grade?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
What progress are you referring to?  The Course Completion Status block?

If so, your activities have to be selected as required in Course completion to be recognized by the Status.

If not, could you clarify?  Also, what version?

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

The progress bar works independently to the completion set.  You already asked this in another forum.  Please try the suggestions there..

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Trine Michelsen -

Hi!

Thanks for your replies! I'm sure there's something I must be missing in the settings. Here's a print of what I'm refering to (the course in collpased form):

progress

There's only one required activity for each topic/module and that's a quiz, once the student has passed the quiz (grade 80 or above) he can go onto the quiz in the next topic/module.

I've set the grade for each quiz and everything is working well, the quiz of the next topic is not available before the one in the previous topic has been passed.

My problem is that the Progress, in the collapsed form of the course doesn't change. When the student hasn't passed the quiz it states 0/1 but once he has completed and passed the quiz it still shows Progress: 0/1 when it would be more logical to show 1/1, that is the student has completed 1 activity ou of 1...

Once you click on "Module 1" and access the contents of the module quiz everything is correct, the quiz is marked as completed and passed:

progress open

Hope this explains my problem better! I'd really appreciate some help! I'm going crazy trying to find the needle in the haystack!

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

Trine