can't choose filters or search

can't choose filters or search

by Michael Frantzis -
Number of replies: 3

Hi, 

Is there a reason why I, or any user, would not be able to see anything under 'current filter' or 'search' or 'Per page'. (screenshot attached)

I have two filters created, one is set as the default and wants to sort by sum of ratings. 

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael Frantzis

Re: can't choose filters or search

by Itamar Tzadok -

Yes. Currently the view forced filter (a filter you assign to a view in the views index) is a very strong condition which cannot be overridden by on-the-fly filtering. Accordingly, the quick filters will display nothing and only the labels which are added to the view template will appear. In such views you can remove from the view template all quick filtering.

This is changed in the next release to allow filtering refinement in filtered views.

In the meantime you can create your own custom filtering navigation by adding view links such as:

##viewlink:Student Resources;Student Resources - Birds;filter=34;##

where 34 stands for the filter id of the filter that selects "Bird" entries, and the Student Resources view doesn't force a filter.

You can either add a list of such links to the Student Resources view, or create a designated view with these links in the view template (and nothing in the entry template) and display that designated view in a dataform view block which you can add to the activity.

Using the filter id is a bit cumbersome to be sure. In the oven further friendlier ways to display custom filter menus as well as the ability to aggregate filters.

hth smile

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Itamar Tzadok

by Michael Frantzis -

Thank you very much for your helpful response. I think in this case removing the assigned view will be sufficient, but I might try out the other solution. 

Allowing refinement in filtered views would be a nice addition!

Thanks

In reply to Itamar Tzadok

by Greg Rudl -

Same issue for me. I want to put in a start/end date (field=date created) and get a list--is this possible?