Zip course content

Zip course content

by Iban Cardona i Subiela -
Number of replies: 6

Hello.

I would like to know if there is a plugin that generates all the contents of a course in a zip file.

Any suggestion?

Best regards,
Iban Cardona.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Iban Cardona i Subiela

Re: Zip course content

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

The course backup pretty much does that...

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

To expand on Emmas comment, the file format of backups is mbz and the z stands for zip in this context. If you rename filename.mbz to filename.zip and extract it you will see how it contains the contents of the course. Some stuff might not be meaningful to you, e.g. there will be some xml files for course structure, quizzes etc, but the file resources should be fine and dandy to do with as you wish.

In reply to Marcus Green

by Iban Cardona i Subiela -

Hello Emma & Marcus,

Thank you so much for your answers...

Marcus, Yes. I would just apply it but only extracting content that interested me: Files, Pages...

Is there any plugin that does it?

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi,

Sure lots of teachers would be interested in a plugin that could provide them a zip file containing files used in the course, with original names and extension.

i think only files they put in the course would be sufficent. Activities like assignment allows to download student submissions files.

Séverin

In reply to Séverin Terrier

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I am fairly confident there are no plugins that do anything like this at the moment.  Do the user submitted files in backups have their names changed at all?

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Not a plugin but doesn't the Moodle Mobile App offer that functionality?  I thought you could download all course contents to a mobile device...