With the grateful support of all the sponsors who have funded the M3.0 version of the theme - http://www.moodlegarage.com/ and listed here: https://github.com/gjb2048/moodle-theme_essential/blob/V22.214.171.124/README.txt#L91-L111.
I'm pleased to announce Essential for Moodle 3.0 BETA: https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversion.php?id=10260 - being 'beta' I recommend at this stage to only install on a test server. If you decide to be brave and risk installing on a production server then that is up to you. It can be difficult (but not impossible) to go back to a previous version and keep your setting values.
- NEW: First beta version for Moodle 3.0. Using 'bootstrapbase' styles from 2015111602.00 3.0.2 (Build: 20160111).
- FIX: Issue #575: fa-inverse does not work.
- FIX: Issue #590: Message outlining incoming.
- FIX: Issue #592: Android menu issues.
- FIX: Issue #593: InCourse page content should be on the right and blocks on the left, in RTL mode.
- FIX: Performance information styling.
- FIX: Breadcrumb button hover / focus / active.
- FIX: Gradebook floating last row.
- FIX: General form tweaks.
- FIX: MDL-51881.
- NEW: Improve breadcrumb style1.
- NEW: Dashed block areas during editing when drag and drop moving.
- NEW: Improve pagenavbar.php and use in popup.php layout.
- NEW: Only apply footer block layout to assignment grading page.
If you find an issue, then in the first instance, post here and read the thread to see if it has not been posted before. Current ongoing issues are listed here: https://github.com/gjb2048/moodle-theme_essential/labels/Bug. Current proposed enhancements (which need funding) are listed here: https://github.com/gjb2048/moodle-theme_essential/labels/Enhancement. Please only post issues that are 'bugs' here.
The release has passed TravisCI as stated here: https://travis-ci.org/gjb2048/moodle-theme_essential/builds/101838027.
I have been maintaining the M2.9 version at the same time and addressing the issues relating to both as I tested the M3.0 version. I will in due course, publish that release.