Essential - BETA - for M3.0 released

Essential - BETA - for M3.0 released

by Gareth J Barnard -
Number of replies: 19
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello Moodlers,

With the grateful support of all the sponsors who have funded the M3.0 version of the theme - http://www.moodlegarage.com/ and listed here: https://github.com/gjb2048/moodle-theme_essential/blob/V3.0.0.1/README.txt#L91-L111.

I'm pleased to announce Essential for Moodle 3.0 BETA: https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversion.php?id=10260 - being 'beta' I recommend at this stage to only install on a test server.  If you decide to be brave and risk installing on a production server then that is up to you.  It can be difficult (but not impossible) to go back to a previous version and keep your setting values.

It has:

- NEW: First beta version for Moodle 3.0.  Using 'bootstrapbase' styles from 2015111602.00 3.0.2 (Build: 20160111).
- FIX: Issue #575: fa-inverse does not work.
- FIX: Issue #590: Message outlining incoming.
- FIX: Issue #592: Android menu issues.
- FIX: Issue #593: InCourse page content should be on the right and blocks on the left, in RTL mode.
- FIX: Performance information styling.
- FIX: Breadcrumb button hover / focus / active.
- FIX: Gradebook floating last row.
- FIX: General form tweaks.
- FIX: MDL-51881.
- NEW: Improve breadcrumb style1.
- NEW: Dashed block areas during editing when drag and drop moving.
- NEW: Improve pagenavbar.php and use in popup.php layout.
- NEW: Only apply footer block layout to assignment grading page.

If you find an issue, then in the first instance, post here and read the thread to see if it has not been posted before.  Current ongoing issues are listed here: https://github.com/gjb2048/moodle-theme_essential/labels/Bug.  Current proposed enhancements (which need funding) are listed here: https://github.com/gjb2048/moodle-theme_essential/labels/Enhancement.  Please only post issues that are 'bugs' here.

The release has passed TravisCI as stated here: https://travis-ci.org/gjb2048/moodle-theme_essential/builds/101838027.

I have been maintaining the M2.9 version at the same time and addressing the issues relating to both as I tested the M3.0 version.  I will in due course, publish that release.

Kind regards,

Gareth

Average of ratings: Useful (4)
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Re: Essential - BETA - for M3.0 released

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Nice to see Essential evolving to support latest Moodle version smile

Séverin

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Great news indeed..thanks for the hard work with this, Gareth!

As an aside. How much extra funding is needed for the "Enhancements"? Meaning how much are you short to complete the work in hand? I was under the impression that the 'Crowd Funding' would take care of the enhanced theme?

Thanks,

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Mary,

The funding as stipulated on http://www.moodlegarage.com/ was just to make the theme Moodle 3 ready.

Where did you get the impression that it would fund all of the enhancements from?

Each enhancement should have a comment with an estimate of time.  However this probably needs revising and considering the best course of action on a case by case basis.

Kind regards,

Gareth

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I just assumed it to be so, as I did not think that there was that much wrong with 2.9 to be upgraded to 3.0, so I guess I expected all the bells & whistles too!  Silly me!

Ok well keep up the good work.

Thanks

M

In reply to Mary Evans

by T K -

with all respect, is there any css to remove the credits for essential at the footer?

In reply to T K

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi,

This questions as already been asked for previous version of Essential in this forum some weeks/months ago ; you should search to find solution (and discussions around this) wink

Séverin

In reply to Séverin Terrier

by T K -

I did try but there are wayy too many results from the search, so i din really find my solution

In reply to T K

by Graham Moir -

You can't have searched very hard.  Searching on "remove credits" returns your question first in the search results and then the answer via the second entry in the results.

In reply to Graham Moir

by T K -

OK got it now, thanks so much

by Derek Chirnside -

Gareth, Well done!!

I'll test it out at the weekend.

-Derek

In reply to Derek Chirnside

by juan zavaleta -

Hi all,

My congratulations on the development of the theme is very professional and also very grateful for their contributions and comments.

I tested the theme essential beta version with Moodle 3.0 and not appreciated slideshow with slides moving in my mobile (android 4.4.2), anyone knows that this is due.  What should I do to achieve it.

Thanks.

In reply to juan zavaleta

by Gareth J Barnard -

Tested on both Chrome and Firefox on Android 5.x and works.  I do not have access to a 4.x device.  Probably JavaScript broken by another plugin.

by Leandro Campos -

Hello,

In the categories image appears a icon with counter number of courses in the category. But he dont count the subcategories, only the courses in main category.

In reply to Leandro Campos

by Gareth J Barnard -

Does that happen in the Clean theme too or just Essential?  Please post a screen shot to clarify exactly what you mean.

by Leandro Campos -

Check the attachment and the file above.

Attachment ERRO MOODLE 2.png
In reply to Leandro Campos

by Gareth J Barnard -

Thank you for the screen shots Leandro, I'll investigate when I can.

by Leandro Campos -

Hi Gareth,

Thanks. I am a Newer in Moodle and need talk to you for some sugestions of improviments and the cost for this.