Losing votes when user unenrolls

Losing votes when user unenrolls

by Lucien Stals -
Number of replies: 5

Hi there,

We are using the Choice module for some evoting, and it works well for enrolled users, but the problem we are having is that we want to be able to keep an historical record of previous votes, but when users unenroll from the subject, their votes disappear from the Choice module. Re-enrolling them brings the vote back (so clearly it's still in the database), but we don't want those users to have access to the course any more.

Ideal situation for us is that users can be unenrolled, but their voting history is preserved.

Is this possible with Choice?

(I notice that when we use the Feedback module, we get the behaviour we want, but we find Choice suits our needs better).

Cheers,

Lucien.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lucien Stals

Re: Losing votes when user unenrolls

by Robert Brenstein -
Create a new role, like "former participant," which allows you to keep the students enrolled but blocks them from entering that course? All Moodle modules can only see students who are enrolled in a course.
In reply to Robert Brenstein

by Lucien Stals -

Thanks Robert,

I'll play around with a new user role.

However, I just did some more testing and can confirm that (in Moodle 2.6.11 at least), when I post content to a forum, or Feedback module as a test user, and then un-enroll that user, their content remains visible in that course. But their selections in the Choice module disappear, so it seems to me that Choice is not consistent with other modules in this behaviour.

Cheers,

Lucien.

by Lucien Stals -

Hi Robert,

I've been playing around with the new user role, but I'm not very familiar with how all the permissions work and I can't work out how to block an enrolled user from accessing the course.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Lucien.

In reply to Lucien Stals

by Robert Brenstein -
I just checked the permissions and it seems that I was wrong and this can't be achieved thru a custom role. A custom enrollment plugin might still be a way, but that requires programming.

by Lucien Stals -
sad

Looks like it's time for me to start playing around with coding plugins.