Moving from Mac OS X to Linux Virtual and Upgrading

Re: Moving from Mac OS X to Linux Virtual and Upgrading

by Emma Richardson -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I suggest starting with the Linux Installation docs.  There are some good step by step documents there that will get your server ready for moodle, making sure that you get all the correct php modules installed etc.

Once you have php and apache  and mysql all up and running, then switch to the migration documents and go through those. 

It not a hard process - I use Linux debian on hyper-v and several times have just fired up a new server and migrated moodle over when I am upgrading. That is sometimes quicker than running a full backup.  Once the new instance is good to go, I can just switch the ip address on the machine, make sure config.php is all correct and take the original offline.

In reply to Emma Richardson

Re: Moving from Mac OS X to Linux Virtual and Upgrading

by Peter Mills -

Hello all,

Thank you all for you replies and sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

I have completed creating the new linux virtual server and set it up with apache2, php and mariadb instead of mysql.

I have moved the MoodleWWW folder and the MoodleData folder and updated the config.php file. I have also restored the sql database.

I have created DNS entries for the new site and can access it ok.

The moved site displays the home page however when I login to the admin account I get the following errors:

----------

Strict Standards: Declaration of ilp_dashboard_template::install_new_plugins() should be compatible with ilp_plugin::install_new_plugins($dbplugins, $plugin_class_directory) in /var/www/html/MoodleWWW/blocks/ilp/classes/plugins/ilp_dashboard_template.class.php on line 20

Strict Standards: Non-static method ilp_dashboard_template::install_new_plugins() should not be called statically in /var/www/html/MoodleWWW/blocks/ilp/settings.php on line 30

Strict Standards: Non-static method ilp_plugin::install_new_plugins() should not be called statically in /var/www/html/MoodleWWW/blocks/ilp/classes/plugins/ilp_dashboard_template.class.php on line 64

Strict Standards: Declaration of ilp_dashboard_plugin::install_new_plugins() should be compatible with ilp_plugin::install_new_plugins($dbplugins, $plugin_class_directory) in /var/www/html/MoodleWWW/blocks/ilp/classes/plugins/ilp_dashboard_plugin.class.php on line 0

Strict Standards: Non-static method ilp_dashboard_plugin::install_new_plugins() should not be called statically in /var/www/html/MoodleWWW/blocks/ilp/settings.php on line 34

Strict Standards: Non-static method ilp_plugin::install_new_plugins() should not be called statically in /var/www/html/MoodleWWW/blocks/ilp/classes/plugins/ilp_dashboard_plugin.class.php on line 51

Strict Standards: Declaration of ilp_dashboard_tab::install_new_plugins() should be compatible with ilp_plugin::install_new_plugins($dbplugins, $plugin_class_directory) in /var/www/html/MoodleWWW/blocks/ilp/classes/plugins/ilp_dashboard_tab.class.php on line 0

Strict Standards: Non-static method ilp_dashboard_tab::install_new_plugins() should not be called statically in /var/www/html/MoodleWWW/blocks/ilp/settings.php on line 38

Strict Standards: Non-static method ilp_plugin::install_new_plugins() should not be called statically in /var/www/html/MoodleWWW/blocks/ilp/classes/plugins/ilp_dashboard_tab.class.php on line 72

Strict Standards: Declaration of ilp_mis_plugin::install_new_plugins() should be compatible with ilp_plugin::install_new_plugins($dbplugins, $plugin_class_directory) in /var/www/html/MoodleWWW/blocks/ilp/classes/plugins/ilp_mis_plugin.class.php on line 0

Strict Standards: Non-static method ilp_mis_plugin::install_new_plugins() should not be called statically in /var/www/html/MoodleWWW/blocks/ilp/settings.php on line 42

Strict Standards: Non-static method ilp_plugin::install_new_plugins() should not be called statically in /var/www/html/MoodleWWW/blocks/ilp/classes/plugins/ilp_mis_plugin.class.php on line 103

Fatal error: Call-time pass-by-reference has been removed in /var/www/html/MoodleWWW/blocks/ilp/classes/plugins/ilp_graph_plugin.class.php on line 95

----------

I have tried renaming the plugins folder but this does not make any difference.

Does anyone know why I am getting these errors and how I can resolve it so I can login.

Thank you for your assistance.
Peter