Reload Editor/SCORM sequencing...

Reload Editor/SCORM sequencing...

by Chip Whiteford -
Number of replies: 3
Hi,

I have been using the Reload editor for some time to build SCORM packages, but I am a sequencing n000b, being completely new to the sequencing feature. I have been googling and doing some research, and I understand the concept, but am at a loss to the nomenclature, as well as the technical implementation. My paradigm:

In Reload, I have a SCORM 2004 package with 6 SCO's:
- Welcome
- Module 1
- Module 1
- Module 1
- Module 1
- Conclusion

I have loaded this up on our in-house LMS and can see that the SCO's are passed individually, so this all works fine. However, I can access any of the SCOs at any time.

Now I want to introduce some linear sequencing rules(there is no pass/fail, only a recorded completion after visiting the last page of any SCO), i.e.: [Module 1] can only be accessed once [Welcome] is completed, [Module 2] can only be accessed once [Module 1] is complete, [Module 3] can only be accessed once [Module 2] is complete, [Module 4] can only be accessed once [Module 3] is complete, and [Conclusion] can only be accessed once [Module 4] is complete.

In Reload, if I right-click on the individual SCOs, I can access the sequencing rules panel.: PreCondition, PostCondition, ExitCondition, Rollup, Control and Objectives tab.

So my question is: What is the rule set that needs to be implemented in order to create my linear sequencing paradigm?

Any help is greatly appreciated,
~chipleh
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chip Whiteford

Re: Reload Editor/SCORM sequencing...

by Chip Whiteford -

As an aside per my question, how would you all go about doing this, if you're not using the Reload editor? I'm pretty sure I could adopt any paradigm, if I just understood what rules to implement...

Re: Reload Editor/SCORM sequencing...[RESOLVED]

by Chip Whiteford -

Hi,

I just wanted to say that I found my answer, and in case this helps anyone else out, here's how I solved my issue:

1. Go to: http://scorm.com/scorm-explained/technical-scorm/golf-examples/

2. Under the "Sequencing Examples", download: Forced Sequential Order (Prerequisites) [Complete Example]

3. Open In Reload Editor

4. Place your Reload project side by side with the Forced Sequential Order example

5. Replicate the Forced Sequential Order within your project

6. Zip up, done.

Cheers,

Chip

Re: Reload Editor/SCORM sequencing...[RESOLVED]

by Sree Lasya Vallabhaneni -

Hi,

I have a question, I made one SCORM package in exe Authoring tool but i think EXE doesn't support Sequencing in SCORM. So, I want to import those packages in Reload editor and do sequencing.

Is it possible?

Will this solve my problem of sequencing and export final version to the Moodle ?

Thanks,
Sree